Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 6. März 2014

More Geisha ACEOs

While I was reading and leafing through a great book I found on Geisha I saw a postcard from the beginning of the 20th century, which showed three Geisha in very well-known postures, namely as the three apes who will neither see, hear nor speak any evil. I loved the idea that people sent each other postcards like this, so I decided that this would make three lovely ACEOs. Here you see the result. They will be available as originals and Editions at the Leipzig Book Fair 2014.


Besides that, here is another Picture I took of the beautiful Geisha in the Gion district of Kyoto.

 
By the way, this is not a maiko, it's a geiko. You can see that in her different hairstyle and her subtle, very beautiful, but less colourful kimono.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen